Frequently Asked Questions about
Palau 2020 medical conference
Are flights included?
Flights are not included. Current prices are approximately $1500 for the economy & $4500 for business.
Flights are filling quickly so please register ASAP to ensure you can book appropriate flights.
Can I travel on my own?
Yes. You sure can. We can help you find a roommate, or you can pay the single supplement to get your own room: $1750
Can we share in a triple room?
A third rollaway bed can be added to the room, dropping the main conference cost to $2800 per person for all 3 people.
Can I add another night at the hotel before or after the conference?
Sure! The hotel rate is $540 per night per room
Can I dive if I don’t have a diving license?
No, diving requires certification, however they can do Discover Scuba or undertake a course at the hotel’s dive shop.
Can I attend if I’m not a scuba diver?
Yes, there are lots of non-diving activities to do!
Do you need a visa?
What are the conference topics?
- Pain management
See the academic program page for updates as speakers are confirmed.
How many hours of lectures will there be?
16-20 hours of lectures.
Can I present?
Due to the small size of this group, we are inviting some registered delegates to deliver a lecture as a Guest Speaker. If this is of interest to you, please email a lecture topic and your CV/details of lectures you’ve presented to email@example.com
Once we receive the offers, the academic committee will review the lecture topics and add to the lecture program as appropriate. Sadly, there will not be enough Guest Speaker slots for everyone to present.
What else is there to do in Palau?
Activities page on our website
Are meals included?
Breakfast daily, farewell dinner & lunch on boat for dive day
How much luggage allowance do I have for my dive gear?
23kg Airline dependant
China Airlines, Scuba Diving Equipment is exempt from length/width/height limit.
Asiana Airlines, Scuba diving equipment should be packed securely in a special bag
- They have 2 x 33 footer boats – they have an additional boat as well if need be
- Max 12 people per boat and all up is 30 divers
- Location is decided each day based on the weather and tide. A detailed discussion will be held with the dive guides to make the dive plan accordingly.
- If there are non-divers interested in doing the discover scuba or trial diving, this can be arranged in advance
- Equipment Hire? Yes below
Additional rental gear –
Dive Computer – $10 per day
Nitrox – $10 per tank
Discover Scuba Diving Rates
For NON-Divers trial diving
- Discover scuba Diving / Beach course – $65 per person (1 tank dive at PPR Beach)(9:AM or 2:PM)
**No permits required**
- Discover Scuba Diving/ Rock Island (10yrs and up) – $140 per person (2 tank dive @ the rock island beach with lunch & drinks and instructor)
**This tour is by boat and requires a Tour permit.. see below for details**
- All marine activities require a permit from the state government. There are two types of permit;*(Permit fee is a separate charge, payable to the state government)
- 1. Rock Island Permit ($50 per person) – For diving, snorkeling and rock islands tour only.
- 2. Jelly fish Lake Permit ($100 per person) – For Diving, Snorkeling, Jellyfish Lake and rock islands tour.
- Both permits are valid for 10 days from the date of purchase. You may purchase these permits through us and payment must be made in cash only. There’s a 5% service charge will be applied if paid by credit card.
If you have any additional questions please check the general FAQs page here: https://unconventional.com.au/faq/
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org