Our itinerary has been designed to include up to 15 dives over the week
The island is in the Coral Triangle – a global centre of marine biodiversity. With over 75% of coral species of the world and over 3,000 species of fish, the region is one of the greatest locations for scuba diving in the world.
The PADI Dive Centre is your ticket to a week of thrilling underwater adventures. Fifteen qualified dive masters and instructors lead groups of up to four divers, making sure you get the most out of your underwater experience. Enjoy regular marine life presentations, complimentary Nitrox, and expert tips from two in-house photography instructors. Dive with the resort’s marine biologist to help identify local critters and better understand the region’s rich biodiversity. On board there are complimentary drinks and snacks and a warm towel waiting for you when you get out of the water.
Apo Island is a scuba diver’s heaven and has been a well-preserved marine sanctuary for the past 20 years. It has an international reputation as one of the most diverse and stunning collections of corals in Asia Pacific. The hard coral fields seem endless. Apart from having stunning sub-aquatic views, the warm waters provide an outstanding diving experience all year round. Green and leatherback Turtles are very common here, as are banded sea kraits (sea snakes), bumphead parrotfish and colorful reef fish. A couple of big schools of trevally (jacks) are usually present one one side of the island and there are many walls, overhangs and crevices for the curious scuba diver to explore. Apo Island is also a great snorkeling site and it is only 30 minutes away from Atmosphere Resort in Dumaguete.
Dauin’s Marine Sanctuaries
Dauin’s Marine Sanctuaries line the coast where Atmosphere is situated and can easily be accessed from the shore or by boat. Most of the Dauin dive sites are characterized by brown volcanic sand and a multitude of rare critters, mixed up with coral bommies. Dauin is the macro underwater photographer’s paradise, where unusual and rare marine life compete for the underwater photographer’s attention.
ATMOSPHERE DIVE CENTRE
- Small dive groups – maximum 4 divers per guide
- No minimum number for night dives or day trips
- Up to 5 scuba dives per day
- Complimentary Nitrox for all Nitrox-certified divers
- Marine life presentations several times per week
- A marine biologist who dives with you
- PADI Course Director on site
- A dedicated camera room
- Two in-house photo instructors
- 15 PADI dive masters and instructors
- Fluoro dives
- Mandarin-fish at dusk on the house reef
- Complimentary drinks and snacks on boats
DIVE PACKAGE OPTIONS:
“Unlimited Day” (Max 5x dives in 1 day)
RECOMMENDED DIVING SCHEDULE FOR 15 DIVES
(REQUIRES: 10x dive package + “Unlimited Day”)
- Sunday 2x Morning Dives + 1x Night Dive
- Monday 2x Morning Dives + 1x Night Dive
- Tuesday 5x Dives
- Wednesday 2x Morning Dives
- Thursday 2x Morning Dives
- Friday: Snorkelling with whale sharks. NOTE: No diving 24 hours before flights is recommended.